Monday 29 April 2013

Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask- The Body Shop

I recently received a voucher from The Body Shop (read more about their loyalty program here) and I decided to pick up a face mask. During winter, my skin dries up but still manages to stay oily in my t-zone (forehead and nose) area. The consultant at The Body Shop recommended this because it is for oily/combination skin.

When I opened this in store, I immediately put it back down. The smell was really over powering. As you can tell by the name, this mask smells like seaweed. I then gave it a second chance and the smell was not too bad. Its just a bit different to what I usually expect from a face mask. I ended up getting the mask because The Body Shop was having a 20% off special on everything in the store. That plus my voucher made this mask affordable.


The mask is grey in color but dries white on your face. It tightens up on your face quite a bit. It is a clay mask so if you do not like masks that makes it impossible for you to smile, you will not like this product. I left this mask on for about 10 minutes (The Body Shop recommends that you leave it on for 10-15 minutes) and then removed it by wetting a makeup sponge and gently wiping my face. I could instantly see that my face looked a lot less oily in my t-zone area but still moisturized. My skin felt softer and it didn't react to the mask at all.
I would recommend this product if you suffer from combination/oily skin but if you are not a fan of the smell of the ocean then you wouldn't like this product at all.
I hope everyone had a good weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I love the ocean , aroma incl . the mask sound quite great , thanks for sharing.

    http://meghansilva.blogspot.com/2013/04/a-little-hair-love-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have combination skin, sometimes it's oily and other times it's slightly dry so I should really try this out! Usually with packet masks my skin gets easily irritated. Thanks for the review :)

    Kathryn x

    http://enclosedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those packet masks usually make me break out so I tend to stay away from them. Let me know if you try this out and how it works for you x

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a little note on what you have thought of my blog post. I will try my very best to reply to everyone.
Also mention if you are following my blog and if you would like a follow back.
x